Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
[Redacted] 09:17 - Oct 17 with 1916 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
BREAKING NEWS! One week ceasefire announced. on 09:19 - Oct 17 with 1873 viewsHerbivore

I think your intention is good but the headline is somewhat ill-judged in the current climate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

BREAKING NEWS! One week ceasefire announced. on 09:20 - Oct 17 with 1864 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001rkn1/newsnight-israels-retaliation-wee
19 minutes 20

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

BREAKING NEWS! One week ceasefire announced. on 09:21 - Oct 17 with 1846 viewsGlasgowBlue

BREAKING NEWS! One week ceasefire announced. on 09:19 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

I think your intention is good but the headline is somewhat ill-judged in the current climate.

I must admit that I thought a ceasefire had been announced in order to get the civilian population of Gaza out of harms way.

All the same, a great sentiment.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

BREAKING NEWS! One week ceasefire announced. on 09:23 - Oct 17 with 1817 viewsblueasfook

BREAKING NEWS! One week ceasefire announced. on 09:21 - Oct 17 by GlasgowBlue

I must admit that I thought a ceasefire had been announced in order to get the civilian population of Gaza out of harms way.

All the same, a great sentiment.

Iran talking about piling in now. Whether that be with direct strikes or through their proxy Hezbollah, dont know. But this could escalate very quickly. Biden is going out on Wednesday. I can't see Israel going into Gaza before then.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

BREAKING NEWS! One week ceasefire announced. on 09:25 - Oct 17 with 1788 viewsPinewoodblue

Nothing to do with giving Joe Biden an opportunity to fly to Israel and secure the Jewish vote.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

BREAKING NEWS! One week ceasefire announced. on 09:45 - Oct 17 with 1688 viewsGuthrum

The fact there has been no significant Israeli ground incursion into Gaza as yet gives me hope that it will be very limited or not happen at all. They gain very little by delaying, other than to give diplomacy a chance to work so they don't have to go in*.

A lot deprnds upon the hostage situation. Jerusalem cannot leave them in captivity and Hamas are going to want a price (most likely their own people released from imprisonment).

Israel cannot get to the real leaders and organisers of Hamas, they're all safe in Beirut and Doha. Plus Iran/Hezbollah kicking off would get very messy (involvement in the Lebanese shambles is not what Netanyahu needs right now).

* It would cost a lot of Israeli lives as well as Palestinian ones, will be expensive, extended and leave the problem of what to do afterwards.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

BREAKING NEWS! One week ceasefire announced. on 09:50 - Oct 17 with 1657 viewsDJR

Agreed. The situation in both Israel and Gaza is tragic, and not an opportunity for point-scoring.

As it is, nothing we say makes any difference, so I am very tempted to cease commenting on the matter completely.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2023 9:51]
BREAKING NEWS! One week ceasefire announced. on 09:52 - Oct 17 with 1610 viewsDanTheMan

BREAKING NEWS! One week ceasefire announced. on 09:50 - Oct 17 by DJR

Agreed. The situation in both Israel and Gaza is tragic, and not an opportunity for point-scoring.

As it is, nothing we say makes any difference, so I am very tempted to cease commenting on the matter completely.

As someone who has been doing just that, it works wonders.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

BREAKING NEWS! One week ceasefire announced. on 09:57 - Oct 17 with 1570 viewsGuthrum

BREAKING NEWS! One week ceasefire announced. on 09:23 - Oct 17 by blueasfook

Iran talking about piling in now. Whether that be with direct strikes or through their proxy Hezbollah, dont know. But this could escalate very quickly. Biden is going out on Wednesday. I can't see Israel going into Gaza before then.

It would be through Hezbollah. Iran lacks the capability to do much from their own country (especially considering there's Iraq/Syria/Jordan in the way). Perhaps lob a few ballistic missiles, but it's at the limit of range for most of what they have..

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

BREAKING NEWS! One week ceasefire announced. on 09:57 - Oct 17 with 1569 viewsBuhrer

Thats a really silly title isnt it?

Just imagine how briefly elated someone can be, then realising its only a well meant call for unity on a football forum .... where everyone apart from a few nastier outliers seem fairly well united or able to discuss with some common sense.
BREAKING NEWS! One week ceasefire announced. on 09:58 - Oct 17 with 1561 viewsRyorry

BREAKING NEWS! One week ceasefire announced. on 09:50 - Oct 17 by DJR

"As it is, nothing we say makes any difference, so I am very tempted to cease commenting on the matter at all."

Have myself had similar feelings growing over past day or two. And if the TWTD hive hasn't been able to sort it ... *

*Apols if anyone thinks that's too light-hearted. I've previously described this particular part of the Middle East as probably the world's most intractable conflict.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

BREAKING NEWS! One week ceasefire announced. on 10:06 - Oct 17 with 1507 viewsMookamoo

BREAKING NEWS! One week ceasefire announced. on 09:25 - Oct 17 by Pinewoodblue

Nothing to do with giving Joe Biden an opportunity to fly to Israel and secure the Jewish vote.

And look strong against Iran. Every US president needs a baddie
[Redacted] on 10:06 - Oct 17 with 1508 viewsvictorywilhappen

BREAKING NEWS! One week ceasefire announced. on 09:57 - Oct 17 by Buhrer

Thats a really silly title isnt it?

Just imagine how briefly elated someone can be, then realising its only a well meant call for unity on a football forum .... where everyone apart from a few nastier outliers seem fairly well united or able to discuss with some common sense.

[Redacted]
BREAKING NEWS! One week ceasefire announced. on 10:08 - Oct 17 with 1496 viewsBlueBadger

BREAKING NEWS! One week ceasefire announced. on 09:58 - Oct 17 by Ryorry

"As it is, nothing we say makes any difference, so I am very tempted to cease commenting on the matter at all."

Have myself had similar feelings growing over past day or two. And if the TWTD hive hasn't been able to sort it ... *

*Apols if anyone thinks that's too light-hearted. I've previously described this particular part of the Middle East as probably the world's most intractable conflict.

As far as I can tell, it largely revolves around two sets of violent and incompetent extremists who are happy to regard their own as well as each other's largely blameless civilian populations as cannon fodder and collateral in highly complicated kn0b measuring contest.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2023 10:10]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

BREAKING NEWS! One week ceasefire announced. on 10:19 - Oct 17 with 1395 viewsBuhrer

[Redacted] on 10:06 - Oct 17 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

It didnt offend. It overjoyed me. Then I read the content/sentiment which i thought was well meant, not needed and entirely ruined by the clever title.

Does your reply indicate i can make gross assumptuons about your character also.
[Redacted] on 10:33 - Oct 17 with 1314 viewsvictorywilhappen

BREAKING NEWS! One week ceasefire announced. on 10:19 - Oct 17 by Buhrer

It didnt offend. It overjoyed me. Then I read the content/sentiment which i thought was well meant, not needed and entirely ruined by the clever title.

Does your reply indicate i can make gross assumptuons about your character also.

[Redacted]
BREAKING NEWS! One week ceasefire announced. on 10:41 - Oct 17 with 1252 viewsBuhrer

[Redacted] on 10:33 - Oct 17 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Grow up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024